Morgenstern Morgenstern posted February 11, 2019, 11:58

WorldBox 2.0. released!

WorldBox is a server solution for creating a multiplayer virtual universe based on OpenSim technology. Setting up an OpenSim server is usually a rather complex task and often difficult. We developed WorldBox, drawing on our practical years of experience in developing various OpenSim-based projects. Originally, WorldBox was a closed project that we used only for our own purposes. And today we are ready to share our experience with all who find it interesting. WorldBox will not only speed up the development of the server, but also teach you many features of this amazing platform. WorldBox wizard will help you to install and set up your own Grid Hypergrid with groups, user profiles and etc.
Project details and download: http://zerofactorial.ru

Replies

Morgenstern 4 days ago
I prefer Opensim v.8 because it more stable than 9 for now. I made WorldBox for runing big grids and grids with works under high loads. For example, Sacrarium (as AlmaMiranda already said as I see) works with WorldBox solution. It is a very reliable. So it is solution for those how wants just living and joy with OpenSim without any experiments or emergency situation. Im not said that Opensim 9 is worst than 8 but I see into face of true: OpenSim 9 is a bit not stable, has lack of memory. This is for now. When it become better, sure I will made new WorldBox.
eaglewealth 4 days ago
it runs on opensim version 0.8.2.1 but most grid run on opensim up to 0.9.0 or 0.9.1
JustynTyme 4 days ago
why is worldbox still on opensim 8
AlmaMiranda 4 days ago
Sacrarium grid Works 1.5 years on this assembly. Version worldbox 8.2
GRID STATUS ONLINE
Total Users: 1618
Total Regions: 42
Active Users Last 30 Days: 1657
JustynTyme 4 days ago
Nice so why is 8 better than the new updates?
AlmaMiranda 4 days ago
In our case, every day we have a large inventory, we stopped at a more reliable version.if we take an average month, we distribute 4 terabytes of Internet traffic each month We like this version as a stable option for large loads.We have tests for version 9, but this did not bring us a good result. Each one has his own choice and his opinion depends a lot on what goals to use for some version 9 works super
I am not a developer of this box. I'm talking about our grid, gave an example about us.
ehson 5 days ago
I am on Dreamgrid how do I transfer?
Morgenstern 5 days ago
Dreamworld uses Opensim 0.9.1 and has different data base structure. It is imposible to downgrade. There is better way to using oar and iar archives to transfer your world to WorldBox.
JaniaCleanslate 11 days ago
I love it ! I went to the site and reviewed the video looks like a fine product! much success friend!
Morgenstern 11 days ago
Thank you, friend) I hope it will useful for people.
JustynTyme 12 days ago
Explain what makes this better than any other solution that's out there. Is WorldBox better? if so why.
Morgenstern 12 days ago
WorldBox is solution not for Standalone hypergrid like, for example, DivaDistro, Outworlds and so one. WorldBox is a Grid Hypergrid solution, like White Core grid, for example but not with Aurora core, but normal Opensim. This is not better or worst but just different architecture with Robust-Opensim system.
JustynTyme 11 days ago
Thank you for the reply