Morgenstern Morgenstern posted February 11, 2019, 11:58

WorldBox 2.0. released!

WorldBox is a server solution for creating a multiplayer virtual universe based on OpenSim technology. Setting up an OpenSim server is usually a rather complex task and often difficult. We developed WorldBox, drawing on our practical years of experience in developing various OpenSim-based projects. Originally, WorldBox was a closed project that we used only for our own purposes. And today we are ready to share our experience with all who find it interesting. WorldBox will not only speed up the development of the server, but also teach you many features of this amazing platform. WorldBox wizard will help you to install and set up your own Grid Hypergrid with groups, user profiles and etc.
Project details and download: http://zerofactorial.ru

Replies

Morgenstern 20 days ago
Hello folks! WorldBox was fixed. Bugs with ghost map titles was fixed. Thanks to @eaglewealth for help!
Sobriety.Sux 14 days ago
Thank You Morgenstern for all your hard work. Your Worldbox 2.0 is genuinely appreciated by many even if they leave no comment at all.

Sharing your experience with others is the true OpenSimulator Theme.
Bless you and your work.

Please excuse my reply to a hater! I just had to relate my experience.
eaglewealth 21 days ago
I have it running but welcome region is surrounded with scararium regions on map and it strange? https://gyazo.com/958ab33b2b258831e680...
SamanthaAtkins 20 days ago
I have been watching the of the Russian Sacrarium grid for over a year now.
I have the impression that soon you will not see absolutely your own regions, they will capture the entire Universe, opensim !!!
This is a very large organization hacker they came to take over this world...........
Sobriety.Sux 14 days ago
Good Gawd SamanthaAtkins!
Which do you detest more the Russian people or OpenSimulator in general?

I have not met a single person in Sacrarium that I could not get along with or talk freely to. I was welcomed by the grid owner like a brother. I was given anything and everything I could ever want for free.

I must admit, that I did need a translator, but beyond that I felt like part of a family. There was nothing going on there that I have not seen on different grids.

The bottom line is SamanthaAtkins, I am not Russian, I do not speak Russian, I have never been to Russia. I have visited Sacrarium grid and never felt more at home. Friendly people, helping people, taking time out for others. What is there to not like about Sacrarium?
Morgenstern 17 days ago
Hey people stop to shit in this tred, please. This tred not about Sacrarium, xenophobia or russophobia. WorldBox is out of all this crap. Note this, please and keep this in mind. Thank you.
Reacher 20 days ago
You look at their worlds that they own. I think you will find there all the objects of all grid opensim as a whole if you take !!! http://sacrarium24.ru:8002 http://kohakugrid24.ru:8002 http://gridfoundation.ddns.net:8002 http://olympusgrid.ddns.net:8002
I am very surprised in one year they turned the world opensim beyond recognition that people could not do it for 10 years !!!!!
Morgenstern 20 days ago
I found it! Thank you very much for your attention! It was an old map cash in Robust folder/ maptitles. I found here a lot of different maps not only from Sacrarium. Maybe it stay after test version or something. Now I already fix it. Sorry for inconvenience.
Morgenstern 20 days ago
Wow! It is strange. Thank you for your reply. I will check why this happened.
Morgenstern 1 months ago
I prefer Opensim v.8 because it more stable than 9 for now. I made WorldBox for runing big grids and grids with works under high loads. For example, Sacrarium (as AlmaMiranda already said as I see) works with WorldBox solution. It is a very reliable. So it is solution for those how wants just living and joy with OpenSim without any experiments or emergency situation. Im not said that Opensim 9 is worst than 8 but I see into face of true: OpenSim 9 is a bit not stable, has lack of memory. This is for now. When it become better, sure I will made new WorldBox.
eaglewealth 1 months ago
it runs on opensim version 0.8.2.1 but most grid run on opensim up to 0.9.0 or 0.9.1
JustynTyme 1 months ago
why is worldbox still on opensim 8
AlmaMiranda 1 months ago
Sacrarium grid Works 1.5 years on this assembly. Version worldbox 8.2
GRID STATUS ONLINE
Total Users: 1618
Total Regions: 42
Active Users Last 30 Days: 1657
JustynTyme 1 months ago
Nice so why is 8 better than the new updates?
AlmaMiranda 1 months ago
In our case, every day we have a large inventory, we stopped at a more reliable version.if we take an average month, we distribute 4 terabytes of Internet traffic each month We like this version as a stable option for large loads.We have tests for version 9, but this did not bring us a good result. Each one has his own choice and his opinion depends a lot on what goals to use for some version 9 works super
I am not a developer of this box. I'm talking about our grid, gave an example about us.
ehson 1 months ago
I am on Dreamgrid how do I transfer?
Morgenstern 1 months ago
Dreamworld uses Opensim 0.9.1 and has different data base structure. It is imposible to downgrade. There is better way to using oar and iar archives to transfer your world to WorldBox.
JaniaCleanslate 1 months ago
I love it ! I went to the site and reviewed the video looks like a fine product! much success friend!
Morgenstern 1 months ago
Thank you, friend) I hope it will useful for people.
JustynTyme 1 months ago
Explain what makes this better than any other solution that's out there. Is WorldBox better? if so why.
Morgenstern 1 months ago
WorldBox is solution not for Standalone hypergrid like, for example, DivaDistro, Outworlds and so one. WorldBox is a Grid Hypergrid solution, like White Core grid, for example but not with Aurora core, but normal Opensim. This is not better or worst but just different architecture with Robust-Opensim system.
JustynTyme 1 months ago
Thank you for the reply